Legion Announcements - July 1st, 2009

Check out Contributing Author links on the left sidebar

We are always looking for creative Authors who would like to write for the Legion. If you would like to contribute (even occasionally) just email us with a request.

legionblog@ymail.com
girlbeacon@gmail.com

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Six Submissions In - Tentative Plans

Here's the schedule I'm planning on going with. I'll probably do Friday's post some time after 4:00 a.m. C.S.T. This would be 10:00 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time. If I get up late (it happens) it could be another hour or two. If I get up early (happens a LOT) I will wait to post until I said. This should give you time to comment.

Right now we have four (4) stories in six (6) posts:
... Foggy Choices Parts 1 & 2* . .by Bevie
... The Phantom Poet Part 1 . . .by Writtenwyrdd
... Mad Smart Pirate Parts 1 & 2 by Blogless Troll
... Sorrow Part 1 . . . . . . . . . .. by Whirlochre


* = finished story

Since Foggy Choices is a finished story, I'm thinking to put it up on Friday and Saturday and be done with it. This will leave us with the Serial Stories.

Assuming One Post Per Day:

Friday . 4-10 Foggy Choices Part 1
Saturday 4-11 Foggy Choices Part 2
Monday . 4-13 The Phantom Poet Part 1
Thursday 4-16 Mad Smart Pirate Part 1
Saturday 4-18 Sorrow Part 1

In this version we are covered through Monday, 4-20.

However, since we have six posts perhaps we want to return to multiple posts on the first two days.

Assuming Multiple Posts Per Day:

Friday . 4-10 Foggy Choices Part 1
. . . . .4-10 The Phantom Poet Part 1

Saturday 4-11 Mad Smart Pirate Part 1
. . . . .4-11 Sorrow Part 1
Sunday . 4-12 Foggy Choices Part 2
Monday . 4-13 Mad Smart Pirate Part 2

In this version we will need two new submissions next week.

fairyhedgehog, freddie, Lisa, and Ms. Sparrow are all working on submissions.

NOTE: Maintaining a series can be draining. If anyone feels the creative well running dry let me know you plan on taking a break and I will know not to reserve space for the next installment of your series.

Opinions on this plan?

5 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

I'll post and postdate my second installment. I don't mind when it comes up--presumably we should let those who haven't yet posted be up before those of us who already have one.

Bevie said...

That's good, Writtenwyrdd. And you needn't postdate anymore if you save it as a draft.

Which launch cycle do you prefer? The first or the second? Any changes requested?

writtenwyrdd said...

Well, it occurs to me that if we have enough stories, we might post daily for now. But if we start slowing down, we can go to three times a week. Or we can decide to each post on particular days? (Not trying to reinvent the wheel we already invented, sorry. I'll shut up now!)

Blogless Troll said...

I'm with Wyrdd. I'll save them as drafts when I finish them and you post them whenever. I'm going to try to get at least one more done this weekend because I won't have any time next week to do anything.

Bevie said...

Thanks, Writtenwyrdd and Blogless Troll. I think you're right about trying to get these first submissions posted as quickly as possible. (It is a Gala after all.)

So I'm going with one post a day - but on consecutive days for now. After the others have made their submissions and had them posted we'll see where we're at.

Thanks

Oh, and I took some more cough medicine during the night. I DID sleep an extra couple of hours.